Thursday 1 March 2012

Caverswall Quilt Cave

First off... I shout a big Toot Toot Toot... Krafty Karen finished her Churndash sofa throw and it looks great. I'm sure you will be able to see, especially if you click on the picture, that she added the fantastic Faux Piped Binding that we all love. The highlight of bright green against the dark green brings the whole thing together... don't I sound 'arty farty'! ha ha ha... Karen spent a few luxurious moments deciding what to make next... it's going to be a big one using the apartment method and involving purple... Karen's been collecting purple fabrics for a while... more on the new project next time next time.

Foxy Margaret finished her Quick Table Topper and made a pieced backing for it by appliquéing a rectangle of the gorgeous rose fabric onto a piece of the delicate blue... a novel way of doing it but then, we do encourage PMS (Pleasing My Self) and Margaret is very happy to please her very own self... This Topper will also have the Faux Piped Binding, delicate blue with a hint of bight red, 'twill be fabulous...

Caverswall Village Hall has a great supply of light boxes, some people call them windows but we quilters know much better, ha ha ha. The angle isn't the most comfortable one to work at but windows work great as light boxes, especially if you aren't the one who has to clean them!! This work belongs to Jolly Jo...
and this is the progress so far, aren't the colours beautiful! When I was starting out with patchwork and quilting, about 15 years ago, I was told that we should NEVER mix hand and machine work... rubbish I say... PMS rules!!! Jo has decided to hand appliqué the very fiddly appliqué shapes and she will Jolly Jo well please her very own self and use her sewing machine to stitch the rest!! We wouldn't have it any other way...
These Pineapple Blossom blocks belong to Gail. As all the tables were being used she had to lay her blocks on our stage... not the best idea when said stage is covered with black and grey mottled carpet... it was difficult to see which blocks had sashing and which bits were missing. As soon as Annie Pie finished making her 10 minute block quilt sandwich Gail was able to flit onto tables making it all much easier so see what was going on...
Dotty Maureen is at it again... this was her table... now, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't she working on a red and cream pineappley quilt last time we visited her table? I never got chance to chat with Dotty about what she was doing, she must have noticed and felt safe getting something new out to work on.... hmmmm I need to keep better watch from now on, just so we can all keep up! ** update** no wonder I didn't see Dotty Maureen working on this project, it belongs to Irene... they both have the same cutting mat... I didn't know Irene had one the same as Dotty's, which is why I thought it was Dotty's table... ooooer, at least I know they read my blog as they both told me off!! ha ha ha... in a very nice way of course!

That's all the news I have with pictures... there was so much going on, inspiration everywhere... everyone helping each other as they become more confident with their works... it's just a wonderful way to spend a day!
We meet again Friday 2nd April... 10am - 3pm.

1 comment:

Annabelle said...

All so very clever, particularly like Jo's applique. xx