Tuesday 9 October 2012

Stitching News

As you see, PM Pam added this piano key border to the cushion centre, doesn't it just look fabulous. This will be sandwiched with and quilted before it is turned into a cushion cover... makes it more luscious!

Ann Baker (we have quite a few Ann's don't we!) is a fast worker. This giant, not so quick, table topper has been made with a 12" centre square and 2 1/2" strips, it will look great on a big table.

Joan The Shop finished another of her stunning Kaleidoscope, Stack-n-Whack quilt tops so we sandwiched it ready for quilting, just one more sofa throw to go Joan?

Ann Baker again... making 6 most Christmas-sy cushions for her new sofa, that she hasn't purchased yet... for her new house which she didn't even choose yet! ha ha ha

Afternoon Judith, who we should re-name 'All Day Judith' really, tried and decided that Faux Piped Binding might not be for her... really, it is a fiddle to stitch so, if you don't mind hand stitching, maybe stick to traditional binding? Just a thought....

I have just received notice that another shipment of fabrics will be delivered to My Very Own Quilt Shop today so I'll have to tidy up and move things around yet again, no room on my shelves for more new stuff really! Look out Ikea... I need you again!!!

My lovely land lady had a few guys come over to give the outside of my shop a great face lift... I'll try to remember to post a picture of it later, it's no longer scruffy, black and dated, it's calm green getting you prepared for the WOOOOW when you open my door!!! ha ha ha

No comments: