Sunday 11 August 2013

Road Trip To Festival Of Quilts

Just popping in to tell you we all had an absolutely brilliant day. The road trip ran better than clockwork with all ladies having very good time keeping skills... making for a very smoooooth day! We had a splendid raffle on the coach, some ladies even won their ticket money back... what a great start to their day!
We will go again next year, Sunday 10th August, coach is booked, tickets have been ordered! How about that for organising then... are you coming?? Of course, I will mention it again nearer to the time.
I would like to show you my very own favourite quilt of the entire show.
Made by Jean Ball... Toot Toot Toot Jean Ball, I love your quilt!!!
In the programme guide it says that the quilt is all hand pieced with traditional American piecing, though I'm not entirely sure what that means, it states that it was not pieced over papers... each section is very small, I bet it was tricky.
Hand quilted too. What amazed me was that every piece had been fussy cut so there are tiny little kaleidoscope-icle centres to every single star.
The Prairie Points on the edge are tiny and beautiful.

This quilt "Little Stars" was number 727 and received a little recognition with a "Highly Commended " label.... 

BUT ... for me, it was The Winner!

1 comment:

Maggi said...

Glad you all had a good trip. Sorry to have missed you although I did see Jenny - twice! We all have our favourite quilts don't we? I have to confess that I didn't even see this one but I did miss out the traditional section this year.