Saturday 3 December 2016

Pineapple Blossom Cushions

Rose finished her Pineapple Blossom Cushion. Toot toot toot, it's fabulous!
It's one of the methods I learned, a long, long time ago, over at Quiltville.com with Bonnie Hunter. I very often get asked to do workshops for Pineapple Blossom blocks for my customers... They can get the tutorial over at Quiltville but it's still a lot of fun doing a project with others. This 24" cushion is made using 6" finished blocks, I did the mathemisms to make the smaller blocks because not everyone wants to make a larger quilt... Large, and this is large, cushions are fabulous though!!!
Bonnie has already done the mathemisms for you for  9" and 12" blocks 

So here's an interesting thing... 
Rose used a lot of the same beautiful Batik fabrics that I used for my Pineapple Blossom cushion... the difference is that she used the darker fabric where I used the light. Look in this picture... we put them side by side... it's amazing how different they look.
The exact same design. 
The same size blocks and finished cushion.
A lot of the same fabulous fabrics...
Different colour placement and a different quilting design
Different effect.. very interesting?

No comments: