Monday 29 April 2024

Quilty Quarters

An excellent start to yesterday. A bit more Quilty water falling from the clouds that put pay to any outside chores and gardening. Quilty Quarters provided a few hours entertainment.  I love sewing with an audio book talking to me, such a relaxing way to spend time. Especially time I thought I would be 'choring'. So here you go.

 One more finished and rather fabulous Lap Quilt, sofa throw or wall hanging. It's just a display quilt for me. Hopefully to inspire folk. I changed threads for each colour as I quilted and, I hope you can see, I ran the coloured threads through the wide borders too. Originally I had decided that I would hand quilt with Big Stitch Quilting with number 8 Perle Cotton, in between the machine stitching, and I still might do that but I've already started something else now so that very well may not happen for a while. I am going to please my very own self on that one. For now though, with fabulous Faux Piped Binding, it is ready for tooting. 
I changed the bobbin thread colours so I have this rather splendid woven design on the back too. I am rather chuffed with the result and I will "WILL" be making a larger version in the future.

Once again The Libby Quilt pattern link

I made the Baby size and added the wide borders.
There is a typo in the cutting chart but it's just that you need to cut 3 squares to cut into 6 background triangles, no-one can make 6 triangles from 2 squares.  
Apart from that, it all went together very easily.

I'm getting my Juki Over Locker out today, I say fleetingly!!! I have a job to do for the little man's new bed.
Also there's a plan to pop over to my shop later on so that I can sandwich the retreat quilt. The backing has a very successful invisible seam/join and more quilty water will be falling from the clouds so I still can't garden chore.

No comments: