Monday 20 May 2024

Sandwich News

There were some huge sandwiches booked in this week. It's a good job I offer this wonderful customer service. Making huge sandwiches on the floor is no fun, not when they are this big and there aren't many floor spaces large enough in the average home, I bet. Getting down on the floor is all very well but getting back up again is a different story, so I hear! I push my classroom tables together so you don't have to know about that discomfort.

This Log Cabin sandwich belongs to Janis. The top was made with two and a half inch strips all cut from Fat Quarters, no Jelly Roll here. On the left of the photo is my rather overflowing grey fabric department, there are a few trolleys full too! and complementing Jan's sandwich beautifully is the latest finished quilt by yours truly, in my Quilty Quarters.

This sandwich belongs to Cheryl Cheryl. The Tilda fabrics were a lovely gift of fat quarters, which sent Cheryl over to the Tilda website looking for inspiration, there is a lot to choose from, if that's your cuppa tea! She chose this free pattern which turned out so lovely with the pale blue Moda Grunge.

When the tables are set out like this, it's a perfect opportunity to use the space to help decide on a layout, possible border treatments, possible sashing fabrics. Christabelle took full advantage, boy is this a beautiful project! 
Whilst the tables were set out in situ, I decided to make a sandwich of my very own, daft not to really. I stayed after time to do it when the shop was closed, because I can! This is the link to the pattern it's called Grow Free, Wild Flowers, if you dare go looking, there's so much inspiration to tempt you. Lots especially to use up stash you already own, scraps and all. Don't say I didn't warn you.


No comments: