Tuesday 2 August 2011

Quilty Quarters & News

Two little wonky star blocks... that's all I have to report on my stitching progress... but it doesn't mean I wasn't playing in my Quilty Quarters. My Mum came over to play with me and we made a rather delicious backing for her pink and green Pineapple Blossom quilt. We will make the sandwich on tables next week though. We rooted A LOT, to find a great fabric to sash the 24 Friendship Star blocks... would you believe that yellow with white dots was the winner?... wait 'til you see it.

Other news... My tickets have arrived in good time for the Festival Of Quilts at the NEC... I get to spend two days in white gloves with a rather bright, fetching sash draped unfashionably over my shoulder, chatting and giggling, one subject could be... patchwork and quilting! ha ha ha, Usually we get to meet folk from all over our quilty world... I love being 'An Angel'!! I hope you will stop by to chat... remember... I'll be the one wearing white gloves with a bright coloured sash! ha ha ha (me and twenty others!!)

2 comments:

Maggi said...

Will certainly stop by for a chat. I'm doing some stewarding as well but noingslt with white gloves and a sash!

Helen said...

Well have a lovely time, sorry that I won't be there this year!! Bjs Helen