Sunday 14 March 2021

Stitching News

 Thank you for the photos ladies. 

Pam finished the top of her forest! 
Last week Pam called me and made a telephone order for the border fabrics. She picked them up from my very own shop doorway on Tuesday. They are already sewn on and she's working on using up all her left over fabrics on the backing. I love a double sided quilt!

Christine enrolled her very own self onto an online quilt class, I've heard lots of you have tried one or two, isn't technology wonderful (even though I don't understand what I'm doing half the time, I love it!) I think she is learning about ruler work, though I have seen Chris's ruler work before... she is very good at it!

Just Edna made a baby quilt... I would hazard a guess that it's for a little girl, ha! It has taken Our Edna longer to make this little quilt than it takes her to do the huge projects. That happens though don't you think? The more time you have, the longer it takes! 

During Lockdown it can be easy to lose you sewing 'mojo' and that's what happened with Edna... BUT... she bought more fabric this week so she must have found that Mojo, dusted it off and put it back in action! fabulous and finished quilts need a toot toot toot fanfare!

Our Pam is a big Jack Russel fan, I'm not sure who he is, do you know him? 
Apparently, he likes quilts for his dogs, ha ha ha. Pam sent me this picture of the 3 doggie quilts she had just finished binding. I sent a message back asking for a more detailed photo, cheeky monkey aren't I!



Whoop whoop whoop and Toot toot toot.
 3 fabulous and finished doggie quilts 
(they wash and wash and wash and protect your sofa!)
Well done Our Pam, I hope Jack Russel loves them x

Anji Nuttie has been working on Crumb blocks since our retreat last year,  She was scrounging our scraps the whole week, ha!!! this very week in fact... we were away and luxuriating while all the shops were running out of foods and loo roll! 
Nuttie decided to use the Quilt-As-You-Go and apartment joining method.
Wow! This is the back. Isn't it fabulous!!!
There's a lot of work there and it's fabulous how both sides are so very different.
Nuttie has named this project "Resting With Friends" 
Toot toot toot it's definitely a fabulous finish.

No comments: