Thursday 22 July 2010

Lilly Pots @ Angie Quilts

It's really hard to find employment, I am sure you all know that. My daughter (Elizabeth, known as Lilly) has had enough... being unemployed is not good for moral....
She is going to have a go at being self employed... good for her! She paints lovely watercolour greeting cards and wants to bring something new to the market... I can't show the cards until they are finished.... But....

We went to buy 'mug blanks' today, all shapes and sizes, easy as we live close to 'The Potteries'... (did I tell you that?) so, she's painting them with patchwork & quilty designs in hopes that the quilting community might be interested enough to purchase one... or two... I shall have my very own, hand painted 'Lilly Pot' mug as soon as they are cooked... you have to cook the ceramic paints you see. Lilly says it is really hard to paint fine lines with such 'gloopy' paints, she's getting used to them though. She will paint personalized mugs too..... I shall post about the progress from time to time... I have my fingers and toes crossed for her. Won't you cross yours too?

2 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Sounds like a very viable project...please keep me posted..I'd be interested in one of those mugs :o)

Dottymo said...

i small dotty mug please.