Thursday 1 July 2010

Hidden Wells

We arrived in Portugal at the end of August 2004 and, because there were no quilters for me to befriend or to play with, I persuaded some ladies, in a well established craft group, to have a go at patchwork and quilting. First we made a Rail Fence table runner, of course... then we made Hidden Wells quilts. I finished this quilt in 2005, as you can see from my label. I state that it was to take the ladies "Up on the learning curve" because of all the things they learned in the process.... from colour combination, accurate folding and cutting of fabrics, dealing with bias seams, careful ironing, matching points etc etc.... I think there were only 5 of us but it was fun to work on the same project for a while.... and then, after that, we became a real quilt group!! and it grew and grew, wooohoooo
'Twas 'now' last year when we left Portugal... I can't believe a year already passed by, but it has... and here I am .... still persuading people to try Patchwork & Quilting.. he he he...!

1 comment:

Helen said...

I remember it well, still. The maths that was involved in calculating the border. It now lays on my bed and reminds me of the fun we had.