Wednesday 14 July 2010

Uttoxeter Quilt Class

A brilliant, productive day. I was expecting 2 ladies but we were 5. So they did remember after all. Poor Jenni was too ill to come though, shame.
Shirley Lerly worked on her cerise and yellow Pineapple Blossom quilt. The blocks are all finished so she was adding the lovely sashing, have to be careful which way the blocks go for this one....
AJ (Angela that's not me) got all of her Log Cabin blocks and Flying Geese ready so she was able to finish piecing the top. She was hoping to make her sandwich but we just ran out of time.
Giggly Gillian was quilting in the ditch of her cat quilt. We had fun coming up with names for this project.. ready for the label.... they were amusing but.. you know I have forgotten them all now. Darn it!... one was "Purrrrfect", I remember that...
Messy Maureen has started to join strips together. She will cut them into 8" sections and then join them together ....ready for a Chinese Coins type of strippy quilt. She's living up to her name in this photo eh! She loves it, and that's all that matters!
Shirley Lerly has been shopping, at The Cotton Patch.... her next project will be made from these gorgeous fabrics... the plan has not been decided yet, but there is a new book on it's way to her house too! As soon as I know more, I will tell you all about it....
We will meet again next Tuesday 20th July 10am -3pm... more or less.

(This post has really upset my spell check! I must write my new dictionary soon, he he he)

Now I have a little advert to share with you... Have you ever wanted a treadle sewing machine?
There's one over here and it looks fabulous.. go look! It 's to be collected from around the corner from the Caverswall Quilt Cave!! 5 minutes away...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely quilts coming on there.